In an effort to protect those who are at risk for abuse, we have begun to follow a training program called "Shield the Vulnerable" for all church leaders and volunteers.
"Shield the Vulnerable is dedicated to raising the awareness and prevention of the mistreatment of the vulnerable. We work hard to accomplish this goal by training young people and adults about abuse, neglect, predators, bullying, boundaries, respect, and the perils of cyberspace."To go through the training program follow these steps to login:
- Click on www.shieldthevulnerable.org
- Next click on the First Time Sign-UP button.
- Once in First Time Sign-Up:
- Select Seventh-day Adventist from the drop down list of organizations.
- Next select Southern Union from the drop down list of unions.
- Next select Georgia-Cumberland Conference from the drop down list of conferences.
- Then click Confirm.